• I am committed to a non-discrimination policy, and will demonstrate respect and value to each person, regardless of race, gender, income, education, social status, or religious affiliation.
• I am committed to a safe non-judgmental environment. I will conduct myself in a Christ-like and professional manner.
• I am committed to continued education and professional achievement through new developments in my professional arena and clinical experiences.
• I am committed to the welfare of all clients, as the primary goal.
• I am committed to the maintaining professional relationships in various counsiling disciplines, for counselee referrals, if necessary.
• I am committed to applying complete knowledge, and training for the benefit and edification of the client.
• I am committed to ensuring clients are aware of the expected benefits, and possible alternatives to counseling, so that he or she can make an educated and voluntary decision to engage in the process of counseling.
• I am committed to discussing clearly, professionally, and ethically all financial arrangements and fees with any potential client.
• I am committed to operate as a pastoral care-giver, if necessary. An inability to pay for crisis counseling services will not be an appropriate reason to deny service. Please note; in the event of a life-threating or emergency situation, please call 911.
• As a member of several Christian counseling communities; providing counseling ministry services or clinical pastoral services to persons currently receiving counseling from another professional without prior knowledge or consent of the other counselor would be considered unethical.
• The other professional must be consulted or communicated with, even if the client has presented an "informed consent" form. A counselor who knowingly engages in services with a client under treatment by another professional is considered unethical by the N.C.C.A., along with other Christian associations.
• Inter-professional communication is paramount. When a client seeks my services, and has indicated a termination of services or treatment with another counselor, then inter-professional communication may take place between myself and the previous counselor, if necessary.